Become a Member!
The Organization for Research on Women and Communication (ORWAC) promotes dialogue, discussion, research, and scholarship concerned with women, feminism, gender, oppression, and social change. ORWAC seeks to advance understandings of the intersections of gender and race, ethnicity, nationality, ability, sexuality, and class, including transgender politics, masculinity, dis/ability, labor, transnationalism, postcolonialism, and critical race theory. ORWAC is a Western States Communication Association (WSCA) affiliate, publishes a journal: Women's Studies in Communication, and sponsors programs at the WSCA convention.
- A subscription to Women's Studies in Communication Journal
- Receipt of a biannual newsletter
- A voice in managing the business affairs of ORWAC
- Eligibility to apply for the annual research development grants
- An invitation to the annual ORWAC reception at the WSCA convention (complimentary food and drinks and a networking opportunity for early scholars)
Please complete our online membership application. You will have the option to remit payment securely via Paypal or select payment method by check.